- Mahalia Jackson was an American gospel singer and the first “Queen of Gospel Music.” She is considereds as the most influential gospel artists of all time. Martin Luther King, Jr., said of his good friend, “A voice like hers comes along once in a millennium.” Jackson passed away in 1972, at 60 years old.
- CeCe Winans is an award-winning American gospel singer. She is one of ten children in the musical Winans family. During the 1980s and early 1990s, she had been singing with her brother, BeBe, in a very popular gospel duo. Her solo career started in 1995, with the award-winning “Alone in His Presence” hit. Winans were good friends with Whitney Houston. In addition to singing, she also pastors a church in Texas.
- Tramaine Hawkins is an award-winning gospel diva who refers to herself as “Lady Tramaine.” The American singer is famous for her mainstream success and gospel crossovers. This has ignited some controversy among her core gospel audience. In 2005, she sang at the funeral service for civil rights activist Rosa Parks.
- Kim Burrell is often referred to as “this generation’s Ella Fitzgerald.” The American gospel artist sings what she calls jazz gospel. She quickly became an influential voice in the music genre. Burrell also pastors a church in Houston, Texas.
- Shirley Caesar is an American gospel artist whose career spanned six decades. She is known as the “First Lady of Gospel.” She pastors a church on the east coast, and she has been quoted as saying, “I cannot sweeten the Atlantic Ocean, but I can take a pitcher out of the ocean and sweeten that.”
- Yolanda Adams is an award-winning American gospel singer. In 2009, she was named the first Gospel Artist of the last decade by “Billboard Magazine.” Adams also hosts a morning show that airs on urban gospel radio stations.
- Beverly Crawford is an American contemporary gospel singer and evangelist. She is best known as part of the New Life Singers on Black Entertainment Television (BET). She and her husband are co-pastors of a Florida church
- Dottie Peoples is as well an American gospel singer. She is a “people person” who reaches out to encourage and inspire others. Known as the “Songbird of the South,” Peoples has been compared to Mahalia Jackson, Aretha Franklin, and Pattie LaBelle.
- Albertina Walker is a well known American gospel singer. She received the title “Queen of Gospel Music” after Mahalia Jackson’s death. Her outstanding achievements and her influence in the gospel music genre make her one of the best female gospel artists of all time.
- Vickie Winans is a huge American gospel artist. She was once married to Marvin Winans of the popular gospel group, The Winans. She later sang for a second Winans gospel group that included her then-inlaws BeBe and CeCe Winans, a popular brother-and-sister gospel duo.
Check out the new listings.
WOW Christmas: 30 Top Christian Artists and Holiday Songs|
List Price: $17.98
Sale Price: $5.99
Used From: $0.01
It was only a matter of time before the folks behind the wildly successful WOW series turned their eyes toward Christmas. After all, holiday releases by Christian artists flood the market every year, and there's plenty of stock to choose from...
|No items matching the keyword phrase "black female gospel singers list" were found. This could be due to the keyword phrase used, or could mean your server is unable to communicate with Ebays RSS2 Server.|